4me Developer Documentation
This site describes the resources that are available for developers to build integrations with the 4me service. The following integration options are available:
- REST API
- Retrieve, create and update Requests, Changes, CIs, Services, SLAs, People and more with the REST (or REpresentational State Transfer) API. An introduction to this API is provided in the General section.
- EVENTS API
- Configure the monitoring systems to send events to 4me and this specifically tailored API will generate new requests for them.
- MAIL API
- Create a new request by sending an email to the 4me service.
- IMPORT API
- Import batches of data by uploading UTF-8 encoded CSV or TSV files. This API is commonly used to build integrations with directory services like Active Directory and discovery tools like System Center Configuration Manager.
- EXPORT API
- Download batches of records in UTF-8 encoded CSV files. This API is ideal for building an integration with the corporate data warehouse.
- WEBHOOKS API
- Receive real-time notifications from the Webhooks API and trigger actions in other applications when changes occur in 4me.
- SINGLE SIGN-ON
- Use an organization’s existing identity provider to ensure that its employees do not require a separate password to access 4me.
- Launch the Service Desk console from the softphones on the computers of the service desk analysts using 4me’s standard computer telephony integration (CTI).
Support & Updates
If any issues are encountered or additional information is needed, please submit a request for this using 4me. That way the request gets routed to the correct specialist and you can track the progress of your request. Alternatively, if you are not able to submit a request in 4me, you can contact support via email.
View the Change Log for information on existing and planned changes to the APIs.